American rapper Ben Haggerty, better known by his stage name, Macklemore, once commented, “I think what’s wrong with the fashion world, particularly men’s fashion, is the lack of creativity behind it.” Just one look at men’s fashion accessories for this fall reveals that this is not the case for this season at all!
And where better to learn about men’s trending styles than Fashion Week in Paris, France? While some of the new trends might seem outlandish, others will fit right into your current wardrobe. Here are some of the latest trends you can expect to see this autumn based on the runway shows.
1. Scarves – The scarves trending men’s fashion this fall are truly intense. Saint Laurent, noted for their free, youthful styles, offers an entire series of overly long, wool scarves with cable designs capped with fringe on either end. Meanwhile Belgian designer Maison Martin Margiela introduces exaggerated scarves of dyed lamb-fur with a pull-through slit that secures it around the wearer’s neck.
2. Hats – Keep warm and look stylish with the latest trend in hat fashions this fall. New York designer Thom Browne (who designs for the likes of Michelle Obama) introduces a boxy-style top hat for men. Japanese fashion label Comme des Garçons, on the other hand, paraded models up and down the catwalk while wearing leather hats resembling rabbit and mouse ears.
3. Shoes – Step out in style with the latest in men’s footwear this season. Belgian designer Raf Simons always delivers highly anticipated designs and Fall 2013 is no different, with sneakers for Adidas that reflect innovative style while meeting the demands of high athletic performance.
4. Bags – From backpacks to briefcases, autumn fashion trends offer men a wide range of bag choices. French fashion house Lanvin offers a large poly-wool blend 48-Hour Bag large enough to hold a change of clothes for a trip to the gym or an overnight business trip. For a less formal look, Paris-based, high-fashion designer Hermès offers a gray tote with maroon leather detail and a solid black leather duffle bag.
5. Cufflinks – If you’re not ready to fully immerse yourself in this season’s fashions, at least splurge on a pair of cufflinks. Industrial themes wrapped in British luxury dominate new styles available and will appeal to both Steampunk enthusiasts and Wall Street executives alike, from Alfred Dunhill’s carbon fiber cufflinks inspired by turbine engines to Robert Tateossian’s interactive, mechanical cufflinks that sport fully functioning watch gears.
Men’s fashion accessories for this autumn are merely a starting point and a great way to transition your look from summer to winter, especially if your budget does not allow for an entire new wardrobe. A word of caution — be careful when mixing prints and solids. If you decide to go with patterns in your accessories, then stick with solid hues for the primary clothing (lưới bảo vệ hòa phát) in your outfit, and vice versa.
write by Amanda